|Title:||Field Service Engineer - Auckland|
You are a confidant Field Engineer that can follow systems, and aren’t afraid of a challenge, You work harmoniously with your work colleagues and customers onsite. You are passionate about technology and love the flexibility of casual work.
Our most successful Engineers are the ones who enjoy being in the field, travelling to customer sites and solving problems. Although IT hardware skills and experience are important to us, we do expect you to know what you are doing but if you don’t you are willing to ask and you will double check systems protocols as you go.
Other people are important to you and job satisfaction comes when everything is all wrapped up and completed within a timely and professional manner. Unfinished tasks or open jobs are owned by you and scheduled for completion when resources arrive. The most important thing is that you love what you do and that your enthusiasm ensures that our customers have a great experience dealing with you.
Directions Technology was founded in 1994 to help small businesses in Brisbane and South East Queensland get the most out of their technology. Since then we have grown to service businesses across Australia and New Zealand. Directions Technology is a fast growing leader of managed IT services
About the Role:
The role will include a diverse range of hardware related projects based around Desktop/Laptop repair and installs, Printer configurations, Network/server installs and troubleshooting and POS and self-check out repair, maintenance and install.
Ideally you will have hands on experience in any or all of the following (the more the better!):
- Upgrades and deployment of Desktops, Printers, Routers, Switches and all related hardware.
- Software configuration and level 1 - 2 Support
- Troubleshooting, back-up and restore on both hardware and network issues
- Server builds and Network Patching
- Experience with construction and deconstruction on Network/Server racks
- Good knowledge of technologies including Operating Systems and Printer configuration.
- Knowledge of Network connectivity and Server builds
- POS and/or Self Check out installation/repair/maintenance
The following qualifications are desirable but not essential:
- CCNA certification
- Certified Premises Cabling Technician
To be successful in our business you must have the following qualities:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, reliability in this role is key
- Team player
- Above average customer service skills
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Pro-active, self starter
- Vehicle and current drivers license