|Title:||Service Desk Analyst|
About Directions Technology
We work with businesses as their technology management partners. We maintain, manage and deploy infrastructure, provide cloud solutions and we integrate and develop software.
Our business is all about our customers. We go above and beyond our competitors to deliver service that inspires confidence and empowers our customers to achieve greater success in their businesses. Our talented, tight-knit team's focus on systems and process is unmatched in our industry.
To continue our growth, we are seeking a highly motivated Service Desk Analyst to join our team. We have a strong philosophy of continuous improvement – we believe that innovation and ongoing learning are key to delivering world class results for our clients.
About this role
As a member of our Managed Services team you'll have a front line role working with our customers providing IT Support. You will need to have 3 – 5 years' experience in a similar role and the ability to demonstrate that you have equal strengths in managing technology and delighting customers.
You will have a high level of initiative and a deep and genuine interest in technology and in helping business owners and their staff to get the best out of it. We provide a great working environment at our Brisbane CBD office and we recognise and reward skills, commitment and those who work smart.
What will you be doing?
- Respond and provide technical support for incoming customer service requests
- Resolving technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems
- Technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, and security solutions
- Support remote access technology, including: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor and respond to alerts from network and server monitoring system
- Maintain service documentation, log time and notes in ConnectWise ticketing system
- Communication with customers: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work on a team, communicate effectively, and share knowledge
- Work with the Service Desk Coordinator to prioritise service requests
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support when necessary
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in Directions CRM as it occurs
- Complete assigned training materials to meet the requirements of the position
- Attend weekly service meetings with the service team
- Work on our Help Desk/Service Desk
- Provide on call support when required
Technical Skills Required
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Maintain awareness of all organisation's key IT services and support methodologies
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Personal Attributes Required
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- An excellent work ethic
- Shows initiative and has problem solving capability
- Finisher - takes ownership and sees all activities through
- Exceptional customer service and desire to exceed client expectations
- Ability to learn rapidly and put that knowledge into practice
- A strong team player
Mandatory Experience and Qualifications
- You will have 3 – 5 years' experience in a similar role
- You will have relevant industry certifications such as: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, or Microsoft MCP, MCITP, MCSA, or MCSE, and/or Cisco CCNA or CCNP
- Current Driver's License
To be eligible for this role, you must also agree to submit to a Police Check.
If you ready to be part of our culture and you meet the above criteria, we encourage you to "Apply Now" and attach a cover letter and resume outlining why you are suitable for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!